Saturday, February 7, 2015

Breeder Tank

Two days after I brought the snake skin pair, I decided that the 15gal column tank is a bit too small for the two of them, along with the spawning cone. So I went to Petco and got a 20gal tall tank that was on sale. I already have an extra filter and heater, I just need to make a cover for the tank, which I got a plastic screen from Home Depot and cut into the shape I wanted for the tank cover. I set up the breeder tank with most of the water from the established main tank. Moved the Aqueon 55 HOB filter established from the big tank over. In addition, I placed a corner sponge filter in to help the biological filtration. Heater on to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Dosed the tank with Seachem Stability.  The pair and their spawning cone are ready to move in.


No comments:

Post a Comment