Sunday, February 8, 2015

Discus Pair Moved Back In

The breeder tank water parameters tested good. The discus pair is to move back in today. They were constantly being bullied by the Blue Diamond in the big tank while their breeder tank was under renovation. When I caught them in the net, they flipped violently and scraped their skin a bit. It was painful to see them hurt themselves like that. I hope it wasn't traumatic. This is why I do not like to move fish back and forth if possible. I do hope this is the last move. Keeping my fingers crossed the water will stay good.
After a short while in the breeder tank, I noticed the pair have much less stress marks and are swimming well. I assume this means they are much happier in their own tank now that the water is good. Ammonia and Nitrite = 0, PH=7, Nitrate= 5.0 ppm.  I fed them a little bit of frozen blood worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment