Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tank Updates

Yesterday I went to Aquarium City, a local fish store to check out their new plant shipment. I got some Italian Vals to plant in the back as curtain. It's been a while since I last purchased any plants. I think the lights that came with the tank are not strong enough for plants, especially those that need more light than the low light plants.Now that I moved the breeder light stick over to the big tank, I feel there should be enough light for plant growth. So let's give the Vals a try and see.

For the breeder tank, I got it a new background. I learned discus likes green, especially I want to make the breeder tank as comfortable as I can for the pair. Also I toss in a bag of gravel in the tank, hoping it can help accumulate the good bacteria without having to scatter the gravel all over the tank bottom, as it is recommended to have bare bottom tank for breeding discus.


No comments:

Post a Comment