Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bullying in the Main Tank





While waiting for my breeder tank to cycle, the pair is moved to main tank along with the other discus. Good thing is the pair is healthy and disease free.
The Blue Diamond particularly bullies the pair. The other discus doesn't seem to care. The smaller one of the pair has to constantly guard the bigger one.  At this point I don't know which one is a male or female until they spawn. The Blue Diamond starts the fight. They locked lips quite a few times a day. I am worried that the fighting will stress out the couple. They haven't eaten yet since the move. They need their own space.The breeder tank is now cycled and I just did little water change to bring down the nitrate. I will move the couple back to the breeding tank on Sunday when the big tank is due for a water change.

No comments:

Post a Comment